Dil To Pagal Hai (1997)Released : 31 October 1997
Director : Yash Chopra
Genre : Musical Romantic
Music : Uttam Singh
Star Cast : Shahrukh Khan, Madhuri Dixit, Karisma Kapoor and Akshay Kumar
Dil To Pagal Hai (DTPH) is a 1997 Indian musical romance film directed by Yash Chopra. The film depicts the love lives of the dancers in a musical dance troupe. It features Shahrukh Khan, Madhuri Dixit and Karisma Kapoor in lead roles, with Akshay Kumar in a supporting role. DTPH was a major commercial success, and garnered praise for its storyline and soundtrack. Additionally, the film won three National Film Awards and seven Filmfare Awards. The film has attained cult status over the years and is regarded as one of Yash Chopra's best.
So Filmyfolks enlist lesser known facts about the film that you may have not known even after watching the movie numerous times...
1. Dil To Pagal Hai was originally supposed to be titled Maine To Mohabbat Ki Hai. The film was also called Tevar at one point, with Urmila Matondkar in Karisma Kapoor's role.
2. Shah Rukh Khan's clothes were designed by his good friend, Karan Johar, in the film.
3. Karisma Kapoor's role in Dil To Pagal Hai(1997) was offered to 4 actresses who declined the offer. The actresses were Juhi Chawla, Manisha Koirala, Urmila Matondkar and Kajol.
4. DTPH gave Madhuri Dixit her much awaited hit. She had not delivered a single hit after Raja(1995). Unfortunately she had to wait for another 5 years for a hit when she delivered not one but 2 hits.
5. There were several scenes in the film which made it to the 'Bollywood hall of unforgettable scenes'. The 'aur paas' scene between SRK and Madhuri brought out the as yet untapped chemistry between the duo, and till date touches you with it's raw magnetism.
6. The lake scene between SRK and Karisma, where the latter blames the almighty for her vulnerability was by far one of Karisma's better scenes. It was simple, effective and beautifully portrayed and is by far one of my favourite scenes from the film.
7. The dance off between Karisma and Madhuri was another highlight. Both actresses were known for their dancing abilities even though they had different styles, and the way Chopra makes them both shine in that sequence is commendable.
8. Earlier the song Koi Ladki Hai was selected as the first song to be featured in music albums later on they zeroed in on the title song.
9. The music was a major hit among the public, with the album becoming the bestselling Bollywood soundtrack of the year.